Guardianship and Conservatorship

“Living Probate”

Empowered Legacy Planning can assist with filing petitions for guardianship and conservatorship. This can be necessary when there are minor children surviving a deceased parent or in the case of disabled or incapacitated adults who are not able to look after themselves or manage their own affairs.

A guardian is someone appointed by the courts to look after the personal affairs of a minor child or incapacitated adult. A guardian makes decisions about the person, like where they should live or what doctors they need to see.

A conservator is someone appointed by the courts to manage the estate and financial affairs of a minor child or incapacitated adult. A conservator looks after things like paying bills or investing money for the benefit of the minor or person in question.

The court can appoint the same person to be both guardian and conservator, or they may decide it is in the best interest of the person in question to have two separate people appointed to the roles.

Do you have a disabled child? Our office can help. We can assist with a Minor to Adult Guardianship of a special needs child who is about to reach eighteen years of age.


Let’s Work Together

Contact Empowered Legacy Planning

Please complete the brief form below to contact Empowered Legacy Planning. A member of our team will get back to you shortly!

Visit Us

2141 E. Broadway Road, Suite 220
Tempe, Arizona 85282

Office Hours

M-Th: 8:30am – 5:00pm
F: 8:30am-1:00pm